Thayer Central Basketball Shooting Club: Summer 2017
The Titan Basketball Shooting Club program was started during the summer of 2014 with the goal of encouraging girls and boys in grades 4-12 to use the summer months to play basketball and become better shooters.
To participate in the Titan Basketball Shooting Club individuals must count the number of shots made every time you shoot between May 22 and August 16th. The shot goals for each age group are as follows
(grade is determined by the 2017-2018 school year):
- 4th – 6th grade: 4,000 shots made
- 7th – 8th grade: 6,000 shots made
- 9th - 12th grade: 8,000 shots made
REWARD: All club qualifiers will be awarded a Thayer Central Titan basketball. All club qualifiers will receive special recognition at the first home varsity basketball game.
Remember to follow these simple instructions:
- Concentrate on good shooting form. Shooting all layups does not count and will not improve your shooting ability. Vary your shots for game type situations and include free throws in your shooting practice.
- Be consistent in your shooting schedule. The goal is not to shoot all your shots in one month but use the three month time period to accomplish your goal.
- Count only how many shots you make (not how many you attempt). Be honest about the number of shots you make. Your goal is to become a better shooter and help your team be successful.
- Record the number of shots made on the calendar and have a parent initial this number each week.
- Shooting calendars will be turned in during the first week of school.
Shooting calendars were sent home with all 4th-7th graders and high school coaches made the form available to all team members. If your original calendar was lost, open the link below and copy the calendar to use to record summer shooting.