Thayer Central COVID-19 Update for Staff and Students as of August 24th at 9:00 AM:
Staff: 2 Positive Cases
Students: 0 Cases
Please see the latest guidance from Public Health Solutions and Thayer Central regarding COVID-19 and Variant protocols.
Thayer Central Updated COVID Guidance from Public Health Solutions (PHS) 8/23/2021:
School Age Guidance:
- If you feel ill, stay at home
- If a close contact, you may return to school, highly recommend masking, see below exposure guidance.
Positive Diagnosis for COVID:
District highly recommends 10 days of isolation away from others when:
- Individual tests positive for COVID or a Variant
2. Individual has the onset of COVID or Variant symptoms and then a positive test
- Any individual needs to be fever free for 24 hours without medication and symptom improvement before returning to school
Definition of Fully Vaccinated: Individuals are considered fully vaccinated when;
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine
Vaccine is available for anyone age 12 or over (Pfizer only for 12 and over)
Exposure involving a vaccinated individual:
- 1)Should self-monitor for 14 days and wear a mask when outside the home
Exposure involving an unvaccinated individual:
- 1) Highly recommend to mask for 10 School Days from last close-contact exposure, and self-monitor and wear a mask when outside the home through day 14.
- 2) Can test at day five (5) and if negative can end masking after day (7), returning to normal activities on day eight (8), self-monitor through day 14.
Delta Variant: Same/Similar Symptoms to COVID-19: cough, fever, loss of taste/smell,
shortness of breath.
Studies show to be more contagious/highly transmittable than COVID-19.
Vaccination is still the best protection from COVID-19 and the Delta Variant
Thayer Central Community Schools